In association with the Carbon Trust and Siemens Financial Services, we can help your school or academy invest in solar PV through a unique funding mechanism that satisfies the ‘non-debt’ requirement of local authorities and the Education Funding
This funding mechanism – referred to as an ‘Operating Solution’ – is exclusive only to a select group of Energy Efficiency Financing (EEF) suppliers, recognised for quality and experience.
With schools typically boasting large unused roof spaces, investing in solar PV presents a huge opportunity for generating your own free, green electricity to reduce energy bills, benefit from the feed-in tariff and put your school in a good position to win the Green Flag award.
Visit our education page to read more about the benefits of solar PV in schools and our experience installing within this sector.
Financing solar PV for schools & academies
The solution has been designed specifically for schools to allow your institution to enjoy all of the benefits of a solar PV system without breaching the ‘non-debt’ requirements as mentioned above. In addition, the solution helps maximise available cash flow to the school during the agreed term of the funding and further ensures that the feed-in tariff payments stay directly with your school.
To enquire further about the EEF scheme please get in contact with us.
Benefits of the Energy Efficiency Financing for schools ‘Operating Solution’
- Save money | benefit from 100% of the electricity savings
- Increase income | the school receives 100% of the FIT and export subsidy
- Fully compliant | with schools & academies financing guidelines
- No capital outlay | and typically cash flow positive from day one
- Trust and comfort | via an independent energy assessment from the Carbon Trust
- Education and engagement | of pupils through a working example of renewable technology
- Eco-schools | helps your school achieve the Green Flag award
- Energy performance | helps your school meet the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive legislation